IIT Policy Requires All Investigators to Complete the Following Training Prior to Proposal Submission
- Conflict of Interest and Conflict of Commitment Form prior to the submission of the proposal. You can find the directions here. Required annually
- Foreign Government Talent Recruitment Training and Form. Required every 2 years
- Financial Conflict of Interest (FCOI) Training prior to the award set-up. Required every 4 years.
Cayuse Research Suite (Cayuse SP and Cayuse 424)
We recommend that users occasionally clear their browser cache. Contact OSRP if you should have questions.
Note: Please read the system requirements before logging In.
- Log into the myIIT Portal.
- Click on the "Research" tab.
- Find the "Cayuse Grant Software" channel.
- Click on the "Cayuse Grant Software" link and login.
- Select "Start New Proposal Link"
If you cannot access the PI portal, please contact email@example.com
IIT Policies for submitting Proposals
In order to meet the internal deadlines, please start a Cayuse record as soon as you think you may be writing a proposal, even if it is months in advance. The only information that is initially required is:
- Principal Investigator's name and department
- Sponsor, solicitation, and sponsor deadline
- Title of project and short project name (can be TBD)
- Project start and end dates (can be updated)
- Activity code (select from list)
- IIT Policy requires all investigators to complete the following
- Conflict of Interest and Conflict of Commitment Form prior to the submission of the proposal. You can find the directions here.
- Financial Conflict of Interest (FCOI) Training prior to the award set-up.
Cayuse SP Resources
- Cayuse Quick Start Guide
- How to start a Cayuse SP record for a new proposal
- How to access a Cayuse SP Record started by an OSRP Research Administrator/Staff member
- Cayuse SP - PI Certification steps
- Cayuse SP - Department Chair and/or Dean Approval Steps
- Access Cayuse 424 Proposal Grants.gov Package
Cayuse SP FAQs
What is Cayuse SP?
Cayuse SP is a software tool which replaces the old routing sheet system (Proposal Management System). Cayuse SP will now be used to route and approve proposals, contracts, and other types of agreements internally.
I Don’t See My Sponsor in the Dropdown List. What Should I Do?
Many sponsors to which we regularly submit proposals have been pre-populated in Cayuse SP. If you are submitting to a sponsor that was not pre-populated, select “New Sponsor” and contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who is the Primary Administrative Contact in My Department?
The primary administrative contact in your department can be found here.
On the Budget Tab, Should I Provide a Summary or Detailed Budget?
OSRP requests that you provide a detailed budget, regardless of budget type you submit to the sponsor. You can find a list of budget templates here.
What if I Have Additional Information That I Want to Share With Osrp or My Department Chair and Dean?
Use the “Submission Notes” tab in order to provide additional information regarding your proposal, contract, or agreement.
I Have Completed the Cayuse Sp Record (Routing Sheet). What Do I Do Next?
This is now a two-step process. The Lead PI, PIs (Co-PIs) will need to certify and route the Cayuse SP record.
Contact the Office of Sponsored Research and Programs at 312-567-3035 or email@example.com if you have any questions.