RES-MATCH provides support for energetic undergraduate or master’s students to do research in your laboratory. RES-MATCH projects also offer a pathway for you to prepare data or perform an experiment for a grant application or pursue a new area of research.
By participating in RES-MATCH, you can define a biomedical science or biomedical engineering research project with a student. All Illinois Institute of Technology faculty members are encouraged to apply.
The Pritzker Institute will provide support of up $500 for project-related consumables, as well as, following successful completion of the project, one of the following for the faculty mentor in the following fiscal year:
- $1,500 that can be used for a graduate student stipend OR
- $1,000 that can be used for research-related expenses
Your project proposal should detail clear milestones achievable within one academic session.
Students recommended by faculty for RES-MATCH must be:
- Illinois Tech undergraduates or master's students, and
- New to the faculty member's laboratory (RES-MATCH is not intended as a means of supporting students currently working in a faculty member’s laboratory).
Here’s how it works:
- You submit a semester-long research project proposal for an undergraduate student or master’s student in the field of biomedical science or engineering, and your proposal is reviewed for approval
- You attend a virtual presentation session in which you present one slide in one minute that describes your project to students
- Interested students contact you
- You recommend a RES-MATCH student for project approval
- You directly mentor the student during the semester
- Upon successful completion of the project, you are awarded, as above
Please contact Michael Barry (firstname.lastname@example.org) for further details or any questions about the suitability of any project or idea.
RES-MATCH is not yet accepting proposals for the next academic session. Please check back here closer to the end of the current academic session to submit your next RES-MATCH project proposal.