Marketing Analytics (M.S.)
Data has been called the oil of the digital era. Businesses are gathering ever-increasing quantities of data about customers and customer behavior, and technology, including social media, is drastically altering the way companies interact with and engage their customers. The rush to mine this valuable resource has created a demand for marketing analysts.
The Master of Science in Marketing Analytics program delivers a curriculum that is finely tuned to the needs of the industry, with a focus on developing students’ knowledge and skills in business, analytical methods, and technology. Stuart School of Business's location in Chicago, a growing hub of tech businesses, provides access to hands-on learning through internships, along with networking to help graduates launch their careers.
Stuart prepares students to be forward-thinking marketing specialists who can convert data into insights, transform information into communication, and translate marketing analytics into a competitive advantage in the new economy.
Using Chicago’s growing tech sector as a resource, the Master of Science in Marketing Analytics program delivers a curriculum tuned to the industry that prepares graduates to be forward-thinking marketing specialists with the skills to turn data insights into a competitive business advantage.
The Master of Science in Marketing Analytics program prepares graduates for careers as market research analysts, social media marketing specialists, and professionals in marketing services firms, corporate marketing departments, or branding agencies.
Companies that have hired Marketing Analytics graduates include:
- Anthem Marketing Solutions
- CME Group
- Ogilvy & Mather
- PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
- Samsung Engineering Corporation
The curriculum for the marketing analytics program is regularly reviewed by industry professionals to ensure that it aligns with industry practices, emerging analytics methods and technology, and the skills graduates need.
The program offers concentrations in marketing analytics and marketing communication.
- Completed Online Application
- Official transcript submission with a minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- GMAT or GRE score within five years of testing date. The GRE or GMAT requirement may be waived on a case-by-case basis for highly qualified applicants based on work experience and prior academic performance
- Official TOEFL or IELTS score, if required. A minimum score of 85 on the internet-based TOEFL, 600 on the paper-based TOEFL, or 7.0 on the IELTS exam is required for admission consideration
- A one-page professional statement of goals and objectives
- At least one letter of recommendation from an academic or professional reference
The Chicago Talent Pipeline Scholarship supports motivated individuals to advance their career paths in Chicago’s dynamic marketing analytics industry. Domestic candidates for the Master of Science in Marketing Analytics program may apply for the scholarship, which awards students up to $20,000 toward this degree program.
This is a STEM-designated program, and international graduates of the program are eligible to apply for an extension for Optional Practical Training.