Take advantage of Illinois Tech’s transfer pathway agreement with your community college and guarantee your admission into one of our top-ranked degree programs. In addition to guaranteed admission, we will help ensure that every credit you earn will count toward your degree at Illinois Tech! Our transfer advisers, who can begin working with you as early as your second semester of community college, will assist you at every stop along the way.
Why Transfer to Illinois Institute of Technology?
Illinois Tech is a private, technology-focused research university that offers undergraduate and graduate degrees in computing, engineering, science, architecture, business, design, human sciences, and law.
At Illinois Tech, we’re focused on empowering our students to become innovators and leaders through advanced technical education and impactful hands-on experiences that ensure that they graduate with the twenty-first century skills needed to launch a great career. Our one-of-a-kind Elevate program guarantees that our students take part in outside-the-classroom experiences such as internships, research, study away, and competitions. It also provides personalized academic and career mentorship, all in pursuit of ensuring that our students graduate career-ready.
Benefits of joining our transfer pathway program
- Guaranteed admission into one of the nation’s most dynamic technology-focused research universities, offering more than 40 undergraduate degrees in engineering, science, architecture, business, design, human sciences, applied technology, and law.
- Save time (and money) with the support of our pathway transfer advisers who will help you to optimize your academic pathway, beginning with your second semester in community college. This will allow you to complete your studies at Illinois Tech within two years.
- $25,000 annual scholarship available to all participants.*
- After completion of 30 credits at your community college, you are eligible to concurrently enroll at Illinois Tech in one course at a time with the help of your pathway adviser. Any courses taken will be offered at a discounted rate of $100 per credit hour.
Step #1: Apply to Transfer Pathway Program
It’s easy! Simply complete the information form located below, choose the community college partner in which you are enrolled at or to which you have been admitted, and we will send you a transfer admission guarantee letter. This letter guarantees your admission if you fulfill our admission requirements prior to your transfer to Illinois Tech.
Step #2: Meet with your Illinois Tech Transfer Pathway Advisor
Once you have submitted your Transfer Pathway Program form, reach out to plan your path to Illinois Tech.
Step #3: Submit Transfer Application
Illinois Institute of Technology makes the transfer process simple. To be admitted to one of our undergraduate degree programs, simply provide:
- A completed online transfer application:
- One of the following:
- Official college transcripts demonstrating completion of an AA/AS degree
- Official college transcripts showing that you are registered and enrolled in your last academic term pending completion of your degree
- Official college transcripts confirming completion of at least __semester course credits/___quarter credits
- Transcripts reflecting a minimum cumulative grade-point average of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Official English Language Proficiency scores for students whose primary language is not English. These are required ONLY if you have not completed your AA/AS degree or two years of study (60 credits) at a United States institution
Note: If you have attended multiple colleges, please send along ALL official transcripts. Even if they are shown all on one transcript, we will need each individual transcript for each college attended. This will ensure the most transferable credits.
*This scholarship will automatically remain in effect each year until the student completes their undergraduate degree for a maximum of three years, provided the student maintains full-time enrollment in a bachelor’s degree program at Illinois Tech and remains in good academic standing. If a student qualifies for a higher scholarship through the admissions process, the higher scholarship will remain in effect. Students cannot combine multiple scholarship awards.