Illinois Tech is proud to partner with College of DuPage to create a seamless transfer path for COD students into select majors at Illinois Tech through our guaranteed admission program and articulation agreement.
Transfer applications are considered for students who are pursuing COD's associate of arts (A.A.), associate in engineering science (A.E.S.), or associate of science (A.S.) degrees and apply for fall or spring admission.
Dedicated Support from Illinois Tech Transfer Admission Counselors
Through the Fast Forward to Illinois Tech program, you'll receive individualized support from an Illinois Tech transfer admission counselor who will guide you through the transfer process and help you plan out your course selection at College of DuPage and Illinois Tech.
Take Courses at Illinois Tech and Earn Credits Toward Your Bachelor's Degree
Under this guaranteed admission program, students may be concurrently enrolled in both institutions. Prospective Illinois Tech applicants may take Illinois Tech "gateway" courses while they are enrolled at COD prior to their transfer. These courses will be offered to COD students who have enrolled in the Fast Forward to Illinois Tech program at a discounted rate of $100 per credit hour.
Illinois Tech will guarantee the offer of a special transfer scholarship of $25,000 (prorated for part-time students) to students who are successfully admitted to Illinois Tech through the guaranteed admission program. This scholarship will automatically remain in effect each year until the student completes their undergraduate degree for a maximum of three years. The scholarship will be applied on a prorated basis for any summer term or in any semester the student enrolls at part-time status. Students must maintain the minimum academic standards to continue receiving this award.
To be eligible for the guaranteed admission program between COD and Illinois Tech, COD students must:
- Enroll in the Fast Forward to Illinois Tech program at least one year before transfer
- Apply to Illinois Tech by the August 1 (fall) or December 1 (spring) transfer admission application deadline
- Earn a minimum cumulative grade-point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale at the time of application and continue to maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 upon graduation from COD or through the student's final term (applies for all Illinois Tech majors)
- Earn a minimum technical GPA of 2.8 or above for all relevant math and science courses (applies only for Illinois Tech majors in Armour College of Engineering and College of Science)
- Earn an associate's degree from COD, or opt to earn associate's degree via reverse transfer of credits from Illinois Tech at a later date. At a minimum, earn 30 credit hours before transfer. These 30 hours must include:
- College of DuPage ENGL 1101 (or transfer equivalent). Must be earned with grade of C or better prior to transfer to Illinois Tech (applies for all Illinois Tech majors)
- For Illinois Tech majors in Armour College of Engineering and College of Science, at least one of the following COD mathematics courses: MATH 2231, 2232, 2232, or 2270. Must be earned with grade of C or better prior to transfer to Illinois Tech
If you attend school at the College of DuPage and do not meet these requirements, we still encourage you to apply as you may be admissible through the regular admission process.
Contact an Illinois Tech transfer counselor at email@example.com.