Express checkout is available 24 hours per day.
- Obtain an express checkout envelope from the front desk of your building
- Clean your room and remove all belongings
- Place your room key into the envelope; post office box keys must be returned directly to the post office window
- Drop the envelope into the Express Checkout Boxes in the lobby of your building
Items that will result in damage charges will be noted by staff in a move-out inspection. Damage billing will be assessed by the Office of Residence Life staff after the resident has checked out, additional information can be found here.
Should you have questions about your contract or move out, please contact the Office of Residence Life by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Traditional Move Out Checklist
Ready to move out? Consider the following:
- Schedule checkout time with Resident Advisor for a room inspection
- Pack/remove your belongings
- Clean your room/apartment
- Return furniture to original position
- Attend checkout appointment
- Close windows and curtains/blinds
- Set thermostat to 72°F (22°C)
- Turn out lights/lock your door
- Return mail key to The McCormick Tribune Campus Center post office
All university furniture must remain in the room/apartment to which it has been allocated by Illinois Tech staff. Furniture must be returned to its original configuration prior to move out. For more details, please contact the Office of Residence Life at email@example.com