Industry Professor Gurram Gopal, a Ph.D. industrial engineer, facilitates research activities within the Industrial Technology and Management (INTM) program. He vets research topics for the majority of INTM 597 graduate special projects, serves as faculty adviser for four to five projects each year, identifies projects for publication and/or presentation at professional conferences, and works with students to format and submit research findings for publication in industry magazines and professional journals.
Gopal has published over 50 papers, articles, and case studies in academic and professional journals. Recent works on global sourcing, data synchronization, and customer relationship management in the logistics industry appear in journals such as Supply Chain Management Review, International Journal of Supply Chain Management, and Annual Advances in Business Cases.
- Gopal, G., and Pilkauskaitė. (2020). “Implementing process innovation by integrating continuous improvement and business process re-engineering” in Škudienė, V., Li-Ying, J., and Bernhard, F. (Eds.), Innovation Management—Perspectives from Strategy, Product, Process and Human Resources Research (pp. 93-113). Cheltenham, UK : Edward Elgar Publishing Ltd.
- Gopal, G., and Garcia, E. (2020). “How a Nation’s Competitiveness Affects its Happiness.” Industrial Management. January/February 2020, 62(1), 23-26.
- Gopal, G., and Suresh, S. (2019). "Self-Healing Concrete Solutions." ISE Magazine. July 2019. Volume 51, No. 7:34-39.
- Gopal, G., and Moreno,F. "Assembling a Sturdy Project Structure." APICS Magazine. April-June, 2019.
- Gopal, G., and de Madariaga, I. (2019). "Direct-to-Consumer Strategies for CPG Manufacturers." Industrial and Systems Engineering. January 2019, 51(1), 34-39.
- Gopal, G. and Macarron, A. (2018). "Delivering on "direct to consumer" in the CPG Industry." CSCMP's Supply Chain Quarterly. 4Q 2018. Pages 40-46.
- Gopal, G. and San Miguel, B. (2018). "Here's Why You Should Pay Attention to Your Expedite Process." SupplyChainBrain. December 11, 2018.
- Gopal, G. and Miguel, A. (2018). "Taming the Last Mile." Supply Chain Management Review. July 11, 2018.
- Gopal, G., Martinez, A.G., and Rodriguez, J.M. (2018). "Get Smart with your Contracts." Industrial and Systems Engineering. Vol. 50, No. 5.
- Calleja, J.Q., Gopal, G., and Olsen, K. (2018). "Inventory Stratification Optimizes Results." APICS Magazine. April-June 2018.
- Gopal, G., and Munoz, J. (2018). "Building Automation Systems." Facilities Management Journal. May/June 2018.
- Gopal, G. and Miranda Santos, E. (2018). “Saving the World through Community Solar.” Industrial Management. March/April 2018.
- Gopal, G., and de Miguel, A. (2017). Tackling the Last Difficult Mile: The logistics model gift for your supply chain that keeps on giving. Industrial Engineer: IE, 49(12), 28-33.
- Gopal, G. and Sanchez, Ana (2017). The Power of Energy Efficiency Certifications. Facility Management Journal.
- Gurram Gopal. (2017). Pricing carbon dioxide into your supply chain. Industrial Management: IM.
- Gurram Gopal. “Sustainability in Business: Moving Beyond Narrow Efforts and Integrating Sustainability into the Business Curriculum.” Management & Change. Volume 18, No.1, 2014: 3-24.
- Hoarty, N., Gopal, G., and Elwood, L. “Using Reward Systems to Motivate Employees for Innovation.” Global Education Journal. Volume 2013, No. 3.
- Gopal, G. “An Education in Leading a College: Growing in Turbulent Times.” Advances in Management & Applied Economics. Volume 3, No.4, 2013: 161-176.