The College of Computing at Illinois Institute of Technology offers undergraduate, graduate, and certificate programs in information technology and management (ITM) and applied cybersecurity.
With seven undergraduate and nine graduate specializations that target specific careers in information technology, cybersecurity, and computing, the Department of Information Technology and Management and its programs offer unparalleled breadth and depth. Courses are taught using a hands-on, reality-based approach to education in which students apply what they learn in class to solve real-life problems. The ITM curriculum is a blend of theoretical content and practical application through projects and laboratory-based instruction.
Utilizing the same hands-on approach, the applied cybersecurity program emphasizes a comprehensive understanding of cybersecurity and information technology, and requires additional mathematical skills to help prepare students for research and entry into the Master of Science in Applied Cybersecurity and Digital Forensics program.
Why ITM at Illinois Tech?
- Promising job outlook—Some of the fastest-growing and most-popular job sectors continue to be in technology. ITM students work for companies like Google, Microsoft, IBM, AT&T, KPMG, Chase, Deloitte, Alcatel-Lucent, and others.
- Career-focused specializations—ITM offers seven career-focused specializations that allow you to concentrate your study in areas that interest you and prepare you to meet your career goals. Learn more about ITM's specializations (link to specialization page).
- Comprehensive curriculum—Led by faculty with extensive real-world experience, ITM students will learn the detailed information needed to stand out as cybersecurity and information technology professionals in today's ever-evolving industry.
- Research opportunities—With the addition of bachelor of science and master of science degree programs in applied cybersecurity, students will also have the opportunity to work with faculty members with vast backgrounds in academic research to study real-world issues and present at conferences and seminars around the country.
- Chicago—Illinois Tech is the only tech-focused university in Chicago, offering unfettered access to all the opportunities and resources that only a global metropolis can.
- Integrated curriculum—You'll learn the information technology disciplines of management, development, technology and theory, operations, and security.
- Real-world projects—Many courses allow you to pick a real-life information technology problem as your class project. Learn more about ITM's student projects.
- Support—You will interact closely with faculty and staff thanks to smaller class sizes. Faculty are able to mentor you in class and guide your personal development. All ITM faculty have significant industry and academic experience, and are experts within their field. They'll share real-world experiences and career advice.