Take Your Venture From Idea to Market
Getting your startup venture up and running is a significant first step for any budding entrepreneur, but the work is far from over once you’ve got an idea and a team to help create it. Taking your startup from idea to market requires a different set of skills, and the Ed Kaplan Family Institute for Innovation and Tech Entrepreneurship has the program to help ease that transition.
Our Startup Accelerator is a Interprofessional Projects (IPRO) Program course track that supports students who are interested in launching a startup. A collaboration with Stuart School of Business, the Startup Accelerator connects student-led teams with experts from inside and outside of Illinois Institute of Technology, including our staff, Illinois Tech professors, industry professionals, and investors.
Applications for the Startup Accelerator open in the fall.
In order to join the course, students must meet all of the following requirements
- Teams must be composed of at least three team members
- At least two team members, one of which is the team lead (CEO), must be able to enroll as a student in the Startup Accelerator course for academic credit; the course takes place on Fridays from 9 a.m.–noon (all team members will be able to participate in the accelerator)
- Ongoing feedback and advice from a dedicated entrepreneurship coach
- Regular, live sessions with faculty and mentors
- Access to the Idea Shop, mHUB, and app development experts to prototype and build products
- Practice and a chance to pitch their startups to a panel of experts for a chance at prizes worth more than $50,000