Office of Professional and Continuing Education
We help organizations and individuals build capabilities in leadership and innovation.
More in Office of Professional and Continuing Education
The Illinois Institute of Technology Office of Professional and Continuing Education (OPCE) integrates university-wide resources to provide non-degree, credentialed training, coaching, and toolkits. Our office curates the knowledge, experience, and talent from across all of the colleges and institutes at the university in order to offer customized and interdisciplinary programs in the following domains:
- Leadership in tech focused organizations
- Managing and leading cyber security
- Advanced Design Thinking practices
- Innovation infrastructure and implementation
- Data driven finance and risk management
- K – 12 Math and Science curriculum and instruction
- Faculty engagement: all of our classes are taught by Illinois Tech faculty. Our small class sizes ensure you have direct access to our best faculty.
- Interdisciplinary tech-centered themes: our offerings will cut across multiple disciplines and serve tech-focused organizations and individuals. Our faculty and experience come from a wide range of industries and fields.
- Work-ready learning: we focus on teaching methods and practices that can be used in real projects to solve high-priority problems. The goal is for learners to use the frameworks and tools immediately at work and see value from their application.
- Community building: Our interactive and collaborative teaching format helps create a community; participants from our first training sessions in 2006 still contact and support each other. Our experiences include time for reflection, discussion, and network building.
- Machine Learning for Financial Modeling
- Innovation Infrastructure and Implementation Camp
- Design and Development of Medical Devices
- Professional Development for High School Math Teachers: Planning the Implementation of High-quality Tasks
- Leading Agile Initiatives with Design Thinking
- Consulting Unplugged
- Leadership for Tech Focused Organizations