McCormick Student Village (MSV) is a complex of student resident halls on Mies Campus. There are six halls that house about 700 students in what is referred to as "communal-style living"—each floor shares their restrooms. Each hall has its own social center and study hall—so you can socialize, study, or head to the center lounge to relax, unwind, or find a quiet place to concentrate on tomorrow's assignment. Residents on each floor typically set their own study hours and quiet times, and agree on other guidelines for conduct. Leaders from each hall belong to the Residence Hall Association, which helps organize intramural sports, concert outings, coffee houses, film screenings, and other social activities. Take a virtual tour on Google. To reserve your room in MSV, visit MyRoom.
- Entrance through central doors, staffed 24 hours a day by community desk assistants
- Students use their student IDs to enter through the front door and to pass the front desk
- Student lounges on each floor and between halls
- Resident room sizes are approximately equal, except in Fowler Hall, which has substantially bigger rooms allotted for upperclassmen
- Larger rooms do not have central air conditioning
- Most rooms are set up as doubles with two desks, two chairs, two beds, four dressers, and two T3 internet connections
- Laundry and fitness facilities are available in the basement
- All rooms have cable TV access
Each floor has a resident adviser who organizes social and academic programming, follows up with students regarding academic concerns, enforces residence hall policies, and serves as a general resource for residents. Full-time Office of Residence Life staff are available on call 24/7.
Notes: All floor plans, room sizes, and furniture depictions are approximate.
Each room comes completely furnished with a desk, study chair, dresser, twin extra-long mattress, and frame for each resident.
Some McCormick Student Village rooms have specific residency requirements. These requirements are designated below:
|Apartment Type||Designated For|
|MSV Standard Double Room||First-year, second-year, third-year, fourth-year; limited availability for single graduate students|
|MSV Double as Single Room||Returning residents only (second-year, third-year, fourth-year); limited availability for single graduate students|
|MSV Double Deluxe Room||Returning residents only (second-year, third-year, fourth-year)|
|MSV Fowler Double||Returning residents only (second-year, third-year, fourth-year); limited availability for single graduate students|
|MSV Fowler Small Single||Returning residents only (second-year, third-year, fourth-year); limited availability for single graduate students|
Information for Existing MSV Residents
Current MSV residents who intend to live on campus during the summer or the following academic year must take part in the summer reservation or the returning resident reservation process, both of which take place on MyRoom.