Management Science (M.S.)
The Master of Science in Management Science is a rigorous program that prepares students to successfully analyze and solve complex business problems.
The program’s emphasis on quantitative methods, analytical tools, and computer models, with a choice of specializations in either quantitative finance or analytics, helps students master a data-intensive approach to management science attuned to the demands of the industry. The school leverages its location in Chicago’s downtown business district to offer opportunities for hands-on learning, networking, and career-focused events with employers.
Stuart School of Business graduates are ready to step into positions in business, finance, and management where they can use their skills to identify pressing issues and challenges, structure problems and gather data, and present strategic, impactful solutions.
The Master of Science in Management Science program teaches students to effectively use quantitative methods, analytical tools, and computer models to devise innovative solutions to complex problems in business, finance, and management.
In the Master of Science in Management Science program, students develop the skills and knowledge they need to be successful in mid-level careers as business analysts, data managers, and directors.
The program’s graduates are in positions at universities, organizations, and companies, such as:
- Air Products
- Benedictine University
- BMO Harris
- Envestnet Asset Management
- Illinois Tech
- Northeastern Illinois University
The management science program’s curriculum includes courses focused on mathematics and statistics in management science, as well as courses in the student’s area of specialization (analytics or quantitative finance) and elective courses.
- Completed Online Application
- Master of Science in Management Science applicants must have completed an undergraduate degree
- Official transcript submission with a minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- GMAT or GRE score within five years of testing date. Required scores for consideration: 316 GRE or 650 GMAT
- Official TOEFL or IELTS score, if required. A minimum score of 85 on the internet-based TOEFL, 600 on the paper-based TOEFL, or 7.0 on the IELTS exam is required for admission consideration
- A one-page professional statement of goals and objectives
- At least one letter of recommendation from an academic or professional reference
Given the prescribed sequence of required courses, new students are only admitted in the fall semester of each year. This program may be completed full-time or part-time.
Master of Science students may apply for the Ph.D. program during the course of their studies; if admitted, the core courses in Management Science that have been completed will be applied toward the Ph.D. program.
The Chicago Talent Pipeline Scholarship supports motivated individuals to advance their career paths in Chicago’s dynamic management science industry. Domestic candidates for the Master of Science in Management Science program may apply for the scholarship, which awards students up to $20,000 toward this degree program.
This is a STEM-designated program, and international graduates of the program are eligible to apply for an extension for Optional Practical Training.