Parking Permits

Parking permission is assigned to registered vehicles of an active permit. Parking stickers are issued for annual, academic, and semester permits.  Parking permission is valid only through the expiration date of the registered permit.

Parking citations must be paid or appealed before a new permit can be issued.

Permits may be used only by the persons to whom they are issued and only on the vehicles for which they are registered. Permits are not transferable between individuals.

Anyone who fails to properly register a motor vehicle and/or display a valid parking permit will be subject to ticketing and/or towing at the owners or operator's expense.

Any person registering a vehicle in his/her name shall be liable for all violations incurred by that vehicle or its operator.

All permits remain the property of the university and may be rescinded for cause at any time. The holder of the rescinded permit must return the permit to the Parking Services Office.

Annual, academic, and semester permits are eligible for refund according to published criteria. Studentsemployees, and tenants should refer to their respective parking permit page for current guidelines. Refund information for temporary parking is available on the Visitor Parking page.

Parking stickers should be displayed in lower right corner of the rear window. Temporary hangtags should be displayed from the rearview mirror facing forward. If the vehicle registered is without a rear view mirror, you may display your permit on the lower corner of the front windshield.

When a vehicle for which a permit was issued is no longer in use and a new permit is required for the replacement vehicle, it will be necessary to remove the old permit and present it with the application for a new permit. Proof of disposal or non-use of the vehicle initially registered may be requested. A fee may be assessed for a replacement permit.

Temporary parking permits will be issued at the discretion of the Parking Services Office. A fee may be assessed for such a permit.

Defaced and/or destroyed permits or any permit that becomes unreadable must be replaced. A fee may be assessed for replacement permits.