Illinois Institute of Technology tenured and tenure-track faculty members are invited to submit multidisciplinary or interdisciplinary proposals for funding from the Educational and Research Initiative Fund (ERIF). The maximum award will not exceed $25,000. Proposals (including the budget and appendices) are limited to eight pages A routing sheet is required. Please select the sponsor as: Educational and Research Initiative Fund (ERIF). Please submit your proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org. The 2023 competition is closed. Please watch for updates for 2024.
- Must be based on the collaboration of two or more faculty members from at least two different academic units. The collaborators may be designated as co-PIs, or as PI and co-PI(s).
- Must be multidisciplinary or interdisciplinary in scope.
- Must show substantial promise for developing a larger proposal for external funding. Each proposal must include strong evidence that the PIs have identified external funding agencies with potential interest in the proposal.
- May not be used to supplement existing grants or contracts.
ADDITIONAL PROPOSAL CHARACTERISTICS MAY INCLUDE:
- High risk or innovative ideas that need pilot funding at the pre-competitive stage
- New initiatives for the organization of multidisciplinary research programs leading to the development of research centers or consortia.
Applicants must use a standard proposal format (click here for details).
The budget is limited to tuition and stipend expenses for students, except for a small amount of funding (up to 5%) that may be allocated for supplies. The award period is June 1, 2023 through May 31, 2024. Recipients will be required to submit a midterm progress report and a final technical report.
If you have any questions please contact Fred Hickernell at email@example.com or Domenica Pappas at firstname.lastname@example.org