The following steps are required as part of your onboarding process at Illinois Tech:
- HireRight Background Check—Illinois Tech contracts with HireRight to conduct the background screenings, and you will receive an email communication directly from them. The background check process will not begin until you provide authorization by responding to the email from HireRight, so please do so promptly. This must be completed before you are allowed to start.
- I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification (Completion of Sections I and II)—Section I can be completed online. Go to www.newi9.com to initiate the process; Section I must be completed prior to your start date. Our employer code is 17346. Section II must be completed in person by presenting your original work authorization documents to Human Resources no later than three business days after your start date. Here is a list of I-9 acceptable documents. Absent verification of such authorization, you will not be permitted to begin work and will not be paid accordingly.
- You will receive tax and direct deposit forms through the TalentEd electronic system on or around your official start date. Completing these forms electronically ensures that your personal information remains secure. If you do not receive your electronic forms, please email email@example.com. If you wish to check the status of these forms once submitted, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Obtaining Your HawkCard
The HawkCard is your university identification card that also provides electronic key access to academic buildings. Faculty will automatically receive these access assignments. New faculty should submit their ID photo online via MyHawkCard. Visit the online photo submission webpage for instructions. You will only be able to receive your HawkCard once your credentials have been made available after completion of your background check and I-9.
New faculty HawkCards will be ready for pickup one business day after the ID photo is approved. You can pick up your HawkCard at the following location:
- Campus Business Services Center
- McCormick Tribune Campus Center (MTCC 514)
- Hours: Monday–Friday, 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
- Phone: 312.567.896
Obtaining a Parking Permit
Illinois Tech students, faculty, and staff are encouraged to review their respective parking webpages to understand permit options. Permits can be purchased online for immediate use via MyParking. You can also search and pay for parking citations. Parking citations must be paid or appealed to purchase a new permit.
Here is an instructional how-to video that shows how to navigate the MyParking website in order to purchase a parking permit.
You can also view all available parking permit options and their descriptions online.
Setting Up Blackboard
Blackboard is a learning management system that provides instructors and students a place to share materials, engage in collaborative discussions, post assignments and tests, and share feedback. Students and instructors must have a valid ID to access the system.
Get started learning the platform by following this guide.