Illinois Tech is committed to the academic and personal success of our students. SOAR (Student Orientation, Advising, and Registration) is designed to introduce incoming students to campus resources, academic advising and a group of their peers. SOAR is offered at the start of each semester for first year graduate students.
So...are you ready to SOAR into Illinois Tech? We are very excited to have you as a member of the Illinois Tech community and look forward to having you on campus!
Grad SOAR is virtual for the spring and will be a combination of live and pre-recorded sessions, along with a live question and answer session.
International Student Session, January 5, 2021
Graduate SOAR General Session
SOAR Dates and Registration
No Upcoming Dates
SOAR participants will be able to...
- Explain your academic requirements and expectations
- Identify resources that will assist you in succeeding academically and socially at Illinois Tech
- Describe how to get involved within the Office of Campus Life and Campus Recreation at Illinois Tech
- Describe ways that you can help create an inclusive community
- Understand how to navigate the technology services that you will use throughout your experience at Illinois Tech
- Understand the purpose of higher education and identify how it relates to your education goals
- Describe the rights and responsibilities associated with being a part of the Illinois Tech campus community
- Be familiar with faculty, staff, and students on campus