Welcome to SOAR: New Student Orientation
Illinois Tech is committed to the academic and personal success of our students. This three-hour interactive program is designed to help you acclimate to life on campus, meet your fellow Scarlet Hawks, and find resources and information to make your first year at Illinois Tech a success. During the SOAR process, you will gain insight into registering for classes and learning everything you need to know to thrive at Illinois Tech.
New students are required to attend Spring SOAR.
January 8, 2021 at 1 p.m. - 4 p.m.
SOAR participants will be able to...
- Explain your academic requirements and expectations
- Identify resources that will assist you in succeeding academically and socially at Illinois Tech
- Describe how to get involved within the Office of Campus Life and Campus Recreation at Illinois Tech
- Describe ways that you can help create an inclusive community
- Understand how to navigate the technology services that you will use throughout your experience at Illinois Tech
- Understand the purpose of higher education and identify how it relates to your education goals
- Describe the rights and responsibilities associated with being a part of the Illinois Tech campus community
- Be familiar with faculty, staff, and students on campus