Welcome to SOAR: New Student Orientation
Due to safety precautions surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic, SOAR summer sessions will take place virtually.
All students are required to pick a SOAR group from the options below. Each group will attend two 3-hour sessions throughout the summer. This cohort model is designed for students to get to know other students within their SOAR group, explore campus resources, learn about the academic and advising process, and get introduced to key technology services that you will use throughout your experience at Illinois Tech.
SOAR participants will be able to...
- Explain your academic requirements and expectations
- Identify resources that will assist you in succeeding academically and socially at Illinois Tech
- Describe how to get involved within the Office of Campus Life and Campus Recreation at Illinois Tech
- Describe ways that you can help create an inclusive community
- Understand how to navigate the technology services that you will use throughout your experience at Illinois Tech
- Understand the purpose of higher education and identify how it relates to your education goals
- Describe the rights and responsibilities associated with being a part of the Illinois Tech campus community
- Be familiar with faculty, staff, and students on campus