At Stuart School of Business, we want you to start thinking about life after Illinois Tech from the day you begin your first class.
Stuart’s Career Management Center is here to help you map out your career plan, guide you to meaningful work, and support you throughout your professional life—even after graduation. We are ready to help you climb the corporate ladder and step into industry with pride.
Career Management Center (CMC)
Meet the CMC staff and learn how they can help you in your career exploration and job search.
Resources for Students
Career and Job Search Events
CMC sponsors events throughout the year where you can connect with experts to guide you in your career preparation and job search, such as:
- Career fairs—connect with employers at career fairs sponsored by Illinois Tech and the Stuart CMC
- Career Pathways by Program events—workshops and networking events feature industry professionals who share their experience and insights into specific career paths. View recordings of recent events
- Employer information sessions—recruiters discuss internships and job openings at their companies and organizations
- Sharpen your skills by participating in mock job interviews
- On-campus interviewing sessions
- Industry guest speaker events
Career Development Resources
- Apply for thousands of job openings through the Handshake and CareerShift online job databases
- Access a wide range of print and online resources to support your career development
- Learn more about the impact of internships on students’ education and careers
- Apply for an internship
- Complete the necessary documentation for international students
Individualized Career Counseling with Career Management Center (CMC) Staff
- Assess your professional skills and identify the best career path for you
- Discuss networking and LinkedIn strategies
- Optimize and update your resume and cover letter, prep for interviews and job fairs, and manage your job search
Career Advice from the Experts
From building your network to acing a job interview, check out the Career Conversations blog for career-related advice from professionals in business and education.
Advancing Career and Education (ACE)
Stuart’s innovative ACE program helps students develop the business competencies that can give them a competitive edge in applying for internships and jobs.
Professional Communication Advancement (PCA)
PCA provides students with customized and targeted instruction to build their English language communication skills.
What’s Next Newsletter
What’s Next is the weekly source for Stuart students to find out about announcements, events, and news. Check out the latest issue of What’s Next.