Forms and Documents

Required Hiring Paperwork - Only Needed ONCE

Students only need to complete required paperwork once. Do not resubmit paperwork if you are rehired as student at Illinois Tech. (May resubmit if changes are needed.)
Federal W-4

Federal tax form
Instruction Video: Completing a federal W-4
Infographic: Hacking Your W-4 (from H&R Block)

Illinois W-4 (68.99 KB)
State tax form
Instruction Video: Completing an IL W-4
I-9 Form*
Electronic I-9 Form

*Requires supplemental documentation

An I-9 is an Employment Eligibility Verification form. Students will complete their portion of the I-9 form electronically; the link is emailed to students after the supervisor completes the electronic payroll authorization form (EPAF)
Instruction Video: Completing an I-9


This is the university's confidentiality agreement. Review it with your supervisor and then sign and submit
Instruction Video: Completing a Confidentiality Agreement


*Requires supplemental documentation
Complete this form to set up automatic payments directly into your bank account. Instructions -- how to complete the form and what additional documentation is needed (e.g.: voided check or official letter from bank) Instruction Video: Completing a Direct Deposit form
Personal Information Change Request*
Completed when Social Security Card is received

*International students only

When international students receive their SSN, they will use this form to submit their social security number to the Registrar's Office. This must be done within 4 (four) weeks after applying for a social security card

Student Policies and Resources

Student Employment Handbook for Students All student employment policies are listed here
A visual on-campus employment overview, for students
Step-by-step manual on timesheet processes
University timesheet process flow chart (2015)
Some offices will ask for student transcripts; here is how to provide that information
Supervisors often want a copy of your schedule; this shows you how to find it
Exit Survey Survey for students who had an on-campus job to complete at end of semester to provide data to improve
Information Request Form Student should submit this form if they need copies of their submitted documents or if they need Student Employment to confirm their work information
Hiring form instruction videos Instructional videos for hiring paperwork are linked above in "Required hiring paperwork," in the description for the linked form

Useful Internal Websites for Students

Office of Global Services
Office of Financial Aid

Useful External Websites

Illinois Department of Labor
Students and Employment: Authorization Information (
Foreign Students: I-9 Information (
Internal Revenue Service (IRS)