Designed by Ludwig Mies van der Rohe, the legendary architect who designed Illinois Tech’s Mies Campus, Carman Hall is a furnished apartment building for graduate students, undergraduates over the age of 23, and Student Family Housing. Studio and one-bedroom, with a den, apartments are available on an academic year contract (August to May). Based on availability, contracts can be renewed for consecutive academic terms. Take a virtual tour on Google. To reserve an apartment in Carman, visit MyRoom.
Campus housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis. It is recommended that graduate students submit contracts for housing as early as possible.
- Features studio and one-bedroom, with a den, apartments
- Two first-floor lounges
- Staffed 24 hours a day by community desk assistants. Students must use their IDs to enter the building and to pass the front desk.
- Updated kitchen appliances including oven, range, hood, and a refrigerator
- Internet and cable
- Furnished with beds, desks, dressers, and desk chairs
Residents contract for an individual space within an apartment. Residents may select their own roommates, or select the apartment for single occupancy.
One Bedroom with a Den
Note: All floor plans, room sizes, and furniture depictions are approximate.
Each resident is provided a study desk and chair, a dresser, and an extra-long twin bed. In addition, each apartment is furnished with a couch and dining table with four chairs (one bedroom units only), and kitchens are equipped with a gas range and refrigerator.
Carman Hall is a residential apartment building for a specific student population. Residents must meet one or more of the following residency requirements:
- Registered graduate student at Illinois Tech or VanderCook College of Music
- Registered undergraduate living with spouse or domestic partner
- Registered undergraduate student who is 23 years of age or older
- Single undergraduate or graduate student with legal custody of child/dependent
Current Carman Hall Residents
Returning Reservation Process
If you wish to continue living in Carman for the next academic term, be sure to complete the returning resident reservation process, which takes place on MyRoom.
New and Incoming Resident Information
Eligibility for incoming residents is based on graduate student standing, successful completion of student family housing application on the Student Family Housing page, and/or age at which you submit your housing request.
Reserve a room for the upcoming academic year on MyRoom.