Business Administration (M.B.A.)/Marketing Analytics (M.S.)
The Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) and Master of Science in Marketing Analytics dual-degree program at Illinois Institute of Technology’s Stuart School of Business is ideal for people who want to be leaders and entrepreneurs in businesses and organizations where marketing and leveraging the power of data are keys to success.
Together, these two degrees prepare students to be effective managers, decision-makers, and executives in enterprises focused on digital technology, especially those that mine data to understand, interact with, and engage their customers.
The Illinois Tech M.B.A. program’s rigorous curriculum is designed to develop an innovation mindset and the intellectual agility to tackle complex business challenges. Courses are infused with project-based learning and hands-on use of technology to develop your analytical, strategic, and managerial skills.
The nationally-ranked M.S. in Marketing Analytics program is finely tuned to the leading edge of the industry. The curriculum is designed to develop the high-level skills that make our graduates forward-thinking marketing professionals who can convert data into insights that drive competitive business advantage.
Through Illinois Tech’s one-of-a-kind Elevate program, you are guaranteed hands-on experiences throughout your graduate education, such as virtual and in-person internships, and personalized guidance from a career adviser, academic mentor, and alumni coach.
The Stuart School’s location in downtown Chicago—a long-established, and growing, hub of marketing, logistics, and other digital tech businesses—provides access to hands-on learning through internships, along with networking to help graduates launch their careers.
Enrolling in this dual-degree program reduces the total requirement for earning the two degrees by four courses (12 credits), compared to earning the degrees separately.
M.S. in Marketing Analytics is a STEM-designated program, and international graduates of the program are eligible to apply for an extension for Optional Practical Training in the United States.
Learn more about each program:
Master of Business Administration
By developing students’ business acumen and high-level management and marketing skills, together with a deep understanding of data analytics, this dual-degree program prepares graduates to rise to C-suite positions in digital tech enterprises.
The M.B.A./M.S. in Marketing Analytics dual-degree program prepares graduates for leadership positions in companies and consulting firms, with titles such as:
- Marketing Director
- Social Media Marketing Director
- Director of Analytics
- Director of Global Digital Marketing
- Digital Marketing and Communication Director
- Senior Manager of Digital Marketing Strategy
- Director of Business Insights and Analytics
Disclaimer for prospective students, please read.
- The M.B.A./M.S. in Marketing Analytics dual-degree program requires completion of 57 credits (19 courses at three credits per course) with a grade-point average of 3.0 or above. Students must complete a minimum of 30 M.B.A. credits and 27 EMS credits.
- Core courses may be waived by the director of the relevant program and students may take advanced elective courses in their place.
Master of Business Administration
Completion of 10 courses (30 credits) is required. See descriptions for Business (BUS) and MBA Business (MBA) courses.
Core Courses—Seven courses (21 credits)
- BUS 510—Strategy and Innovation
- MBA 501—Financial Statement Applications
- MBA 505—Microeconomics and Game Theory
- MBA 506—Leadership and Organizational Design
- MBA 509—Financial Management
- MBA 513—Operations and Technology Management
- BUS 590—Business Strategy Capstone
Elective Courses—Choose any three courses (nine credits)
- MBA 522—The General Manager
- MBA 523—Negotiations and Strategic Decision Making
- MBA 532—Artificial Intelligence
- MBA 534—Blockchain
- MBA 536—Internet of Things
- MBA 564—Global Business Strategy
- MBA 576—New Technology Ventures
Master of Science in Marketing Analytics
Completion of nine courses (27 credits) is required. See descriptions for Business (BUS) and Marketing Analytics (MAX) courses.
Core Courses—Eight courses (24 credits)
- BUS 550—Business Statistics
- MAX 501—Digital Marketing
- MAX 502—Analytics for Decision Making
- MAX 503—Marketing Research and Engineering
- MAX 504—Marketing Strategy
- MAX 506—Database Design and SQL
- MAX 522—Predictive Analytics
- MAX 523—Social Media Marketing Analytics
Elective Course—Choose one MAX course (3 credits)
- Students must apply and be accepted to both programs: Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) and M.S. in Marketing Analytics. See each program page for specific admission requirements.
- Applicants must hold a baccalaureate degree from an accredited educational institution with a minimum cumulative grade-point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, have a strong record of academic achievement, and be highly recommended.
- No GMAT or GRE scores required
- English proficiency exam, if required
International Students: Maintaining Eligibility
International students (F-1, J-1) must maintain full-time enrollment (nine credit hours per semester in the fall and spring semesters) in order to remain in the United States. It is possible for an international student to discontinue the M.B.A. program and continue the M.S. in Marketing Analytics as a full-time program. However, an international student who discontinues the M.S. in Marketing Analytics for any reason must leave the dual-degree program because the M.B.A. is a part-time program.
Domestic students pursuing the Master of Business Administration/M.S. in Marketing Analytics dual-degree program are eligible for the Chicago Talent Pipeline Scholarship, which awards up to $424 per credit hour and is distributed across the 57 credits required for both programs during enrollment in the dual-degree program, for a total of approximately $24,000. This award is deferrable up to one year. Students seeking Stuart dual degrees are only eligible for one Stuart scholarship.
International students pursuing the Master of Business Administration/M.S. in Marketing Analytics dual-degree program are eligible for the Stuart School of Business Dean’s Scholarship, which awards up to $424 per credit hour and is distributed across the 57 credits required for both programs during enrollment in the dual-degree program, for a total of approximately $24,000. This award is deferrable up to one year. Students seeking Stuart dual degrees are only eligible for one Stuart scholarship.
Read more about scholarship opportunities and tuition and aid below:
Move Your Career Forward
Stuart’s Career Management Center offers individualized career counseling, resources for job and internship search, and opportunities to network with industry professionals.
A global network of accomplished Illinois Tech alumni is available to engage with and support our students.
Top Strategic + Tech Skills Are a Winning Combo
With an M.B.A. and M.S. in Marketing Analytics from Stuart, Changyue “Jack” An delivers transformative, AI-powered business solutions to his clients at Accenture.Read more
Stuart Stands Out
Rank in the U.S. among Master's of Marketing Programs
—TFE Times (2021)
Networking and Events with Thousands of Professionals in Chicago
All Stuart M.B.A. students receive a free membership in Chicago Innovation
Stuart is AACSB Accredited. Only 5% of Business Schools Globally Are.
—Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business International