An official transcript of a student's academic record at Illinois Institute of Technology is available only through the Office of the Registrar, upon the authorized request of the student. Illinois Tech has partnered with Parchment to take online requests for transcript orders.
Law students should contact the Conviser Law Center Registrar's Office for services.
This service allows students and alumni to order official electronic/PDF transcripts via the web at any time, with worldwide delivery in about an hour.
- The electronic/PDF transcript option offers online order tracking—with the time, date, and name of the person who received your record. No need to pay for FedEx!
- All transcripts from 1980 to the present can be delivered in an electronic/PDF format.
- PDF transcripts viewed electronically are recognized as official documents. A printed copy of a PDF transcript will be considered "unofficial" and will display the words "PRINTED COPY" on all pages of the PDF.
- Any financial hold on a student's account must be cleared before a transcript will be released, however, Illinois Tech provides official transcripts to employers to aid students with outstanding balances.
- Payment for orders must be received before a transcript request will be processed.
- $10 for each electronic/PDF transcript
- $12 for each printed transcript sent via the United States Postal Service first-class mail (regular mail)
- $17 for each printed transcript requested for pickup
- Federal Express (FedEx) delivery service is available for an additional fee
Packaging for Paper Transcripts
- Transcripts are packaged in a sealed security envelope. If the seal is broken, the transcript is no longer deemed official.
- Attachments can be included with the transcript per your request. See the FAQ below for more information.
- If more than one transcript is being sent to the same address, they will be shipped in one large envelope containing each individually sealed transcript.
Unified Graduate Level
- Academic records for students pursuing doctoral-level credit prior to August 2016 have been consolidated into a unified graduate level record. This change incorporates credit hours, grades, quality points, and term grade-point average from the formerly separate master's and doctoral levels into a single graduate level moving forward. As a result, a recalculated cumulative grade-point average for combined master's and doctoral level credit appears on the official transcript. Credit earned at the graduate business or law levels remain separate and are not affected by this change.
How To Order
Via the MyIIT Portal (Current Students)
- Log in to the myIIT portal.
- Under the "Welcome" tab, navigate to the "Student Dashboard" channel and click on its link.
- Click on the "Order Official Transcript" link. After placing your order, you will be contacted when your transcript request has been processed.
Via the Direct Link (Alums and Former Students)
- Visit Illinois Tech's Parchment page to complete the online order process and pay by credit card. After placing your order, you will be contacted when your transcript has been processed and mailed.
- If you do not have access to the internet, you may contact our service provider, Parchment, at 847.716.3005 for assistance with placing an order.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! When placing your order, during the recipient selection process, you have the option to mark a checkbox noting that you will send an attachment. Follow all additional instructions and your attachment(s) will be included with your transcript.
If you don't know your student ID number and do not wish to enter your Social Security Number (SSN) when placing your order, please enter a nine-character sequence (e.g. A12345678) as your student ID.
To check the status of your order, please click here and log in to your Parchment account. You will need your order or student ID number.
To cancel your order, please click here and log in to your Parchment account. You will need your order or student ID number. You may only cancel orders that have not been filled.