Office of the Registrar

Update Personal Information

Change of Legal Information

All requests for changes of legal information such as names and Social Security numbers in the system of record must be submitted via the Personal Information Change Request form and accompanied by proper documentation as specified in the form.

For personal assistance with completing the form and scanning the required documents, you may visit us in the IIT Tower, Suite 2C8-1.

Change of Preferred First Name

Requests to set or change your preferred first name can be made after a review of the Preferred First Name Policy and by completing the Preferred First Name Request form.

Change of Address and Phone Number

Changes to permanent, local, mailing, or emergency contact addresses or phone numbers can be made via the Banner Self Service channel under the “Academics” tab in your myIIT portal account. After logging in to myIIT and locating the Banner Self Service channel, click on the “Personal Information” folder link and then on “Update All Contact Information.”