We have developed a training module for everyone who hires or supervises student employees that will be implemented across all campuses and colleges: Mies, Chicago-Kent, Institute of Design, Rice, Moffett, and Stuart but excluding Kent Law. The new policy is outlined below:
Student Hiring Policy
Prior to hiring students:
- All supervisors of student employees,
- All timesheet approvers, and
- Any administrative personnel who submit PAs
are required to complete training and pass the associated quiz. This must be done prior to posting positions and hiring students, and prior to gaining access to the Student Electronic Payroll Authorization Form (EPAF) channel.
Online Blackboard module, a 20-minute PowerPoint video that will communicate the new policies and processes. To complete blackboard training:
- Log into MyIIT and open blackboard using the icon located at the top of the page.
- Click on this link: https://blackboard.iit.edu/webapps/blackboard/execute/courseMain?course_id=_48102_1
- You will get a message about not being enrolled. Click to enroll.
- Click on the green “enroll” button.
- When the page loads, you’ll be prompted for the password. The password is “seo2017”.
- Type in your username and password if asked (it should be the same as your MyIIT login).
- Once you are in the organization, click "Groups", then Sign-Up for the appropriate group.
- The Video is under “information” and the quiz under “Test Your Knowledge”.
- Once you pass the quiz, email your A number to Kathryn Potts at email@example.com to receive access to the EPAF channel and workflow worklist channel.
You must receive 100% on the quiz in Blackboard to be granted access to the student EPAF channel to hire and supervise students. The quiz is available in Blackboard and can be accessed using the instructions above and by clicking Test Your Knowledge. If you do not get 100%, you will retake the quiz. If you have completed training, please email your name and #A-number to firstname.lastname@example.org so that you can receive access to the Student EPAF channel and the workflow worklist channel. Read more about this training here.
If there are any questions about the training process, contact the Student Employment Office at email@example.com.