Pre-term Academic and Career Essentials Program
The all new, fully online Pre-term Academic and Career Essentials Program at Illinois Tech’s Stuart School of Business (Stuart Pre-term) provides an interactive, purposeful, and relevant preparatory experience for all new Stuart School graduate students, with activities before classes begin and continuing after the semester starts.
During the Stuart Pre-term, new students will:
- Interact with faculty, staff, alumni, current students, and other new students
- Actively practice the competencies necessary for academic and professional success
- Address acclimation needs and administrative requirements
- Begin preparations for their careers after graduation
Fall 2020 Pre-term Checklist: Before Classes Begin
Before August 17, 2020
Fall 2020 Stuart Pre-term begins on August 3.
All new students are required to complete the following activities before Monday, August 17, 2020.
- Complete the Academic Advising Online Orientation (see email from email@example.com for online orientation link and log-in information).
- Sign up for Priority English Assessments (requirements).
- Register for classes by following the instructions provided in the online orientation
- Complete Modules 1 and 2 of the Stuart Pre-term course in Blackboard (coming soon)
On-campus students must also:
- Sign up for Priority English Assessments (view requirements)
- Reserve a room if you plan to live in university housing
- Arrive by Monday, August 17, 2020
All students moving to Chicago should plan to arrive on or before Monday, August 17, 2020. When choosing your living arrangements, please keep in mind that the majority of Stuart’s in-person graduate courses are held at Illinois Tech’s Downtown Graduate Campus, which is formally known as the Conviser Law Center.
Week of August 17–23, 2020
All new students are required to attend each of the following webinars at least once during the week of August 17–23, 2020.
- Illinois Tech Graduate SOAR—Schedule to be announced
- Welcome to Stuart—This webinar will be offered twice on Wednesday, August 19, at 10:30 a.m.–noon CDT and again at 4–5:30 p.m. CDT.
- Academic Overview—This webinar will be offered twice on Thursday, August 20, at 10:30 a.m.–noon CDT and again at 4–5:30 p.m. CDT.
On-campus students must also visit the Illinois Tech Mies (Main) Campus to:
- Get your HawkCard—Illinois Tech Student ID Card
- Check-in with the International Center (international students only)
- Complete Priority English Assessments by Friday, August 21, 2020 (Register or view requirements)
August 24—First day of classes for the fall 2020 semester
Fall 2020 Schedule Overview: Before Classes Begin
Illinois Tech, SOAR, and Stuart Pre-term Schedule
All New Stuart Students
Complete Pre-term Module 1: Introduction to Stuart School and Academic Readiness
Complete Pre-term Module 2: Stuart Offices and Opportunities
Attend Pre-term Webinars as part of Pre-term Module 3 requirements:
Attend required Illinois Tech and International Center events.
If unfinished, complete Modules 1 and 2.
First day of fall 2020 classes!