Illinois Tech’s Student Health and Wellness Center (SHWC) is committed to providing you quality health services and contributing to your lifelong success. Services offered through SHWC include:
- Diagnosis and management of common illnesses and injuries
- Preventative medicine such as primary care, women’s health care, sexual health screenings, immunizations, nutrition and diet information, and laboratory testing
- Confidential counseling services including evaluation, individual psychotherapy, referral, and medication management by a psychiatrist
- Counseling can address loneliness, relationship concerns, family issues, depression, anxiety, concentration problems, sleeping difficulties, eating problems, addiction, career concerns, grieving, sexual concerns, anger management, cultural adjustment, and other personal issues.
Illinois state law requires university students who are enrolled at least half-time to be immunized against certain communicable diseases. You are required to submit proof of immunization to the SHWC by the first week of class.
- If you are a domestic student you must submit proof of having one dose of diptheria/tetanus/pertussis (DTP) within the last 10 years and two doses of measles/ mumps/rubella (MMR).
- All students between the ages of 16–23 are required to submit proof of having a meningococcal vaccine after the age of 16.
Forms are available online at web.iit.edu/shwc/immunizations
All students are automatically billed for health insurance through Illinois Tech. The final 2019–20 insurance costs are available online at web.iit.edu/shwc/immunizations/available-immunization-times.
If you are already insured and would like to remain on your current plan, you may submit a waiver to remove this charge from your bill.
You will not be able to waive Illinois Tech insurance until the charge appears on your student bill after course registration.
Student Health and Wellness Center
10 West 35th Street, Suite 3D9-1
Chicago, IL 60616