Undergraduate students may repeat a total of six courses for a grade exclusion. A request to repeat a course for a grade exclusion must be submitted through the Undergraduate Course Repeat for a Grade Exclusion form during registration. Both grades will be recorded on all transcripts issued. Only the second grade will be used to compute the GPA, even if the second grade is lower, except when the second grade is I, R, S, U, W, X, or AU. The undergraduate course repeat policy for a grade exclusion is as follows:
- A course repeated for a grade exclusion must be taken within one calendar year after initial enrollment in that course or the next time it is offered, whichever is longer.
- The same course may be repeated only once for a grade exclusion.
- A maximum of three 100- and 200-level courses may be repeated for a grade exclusion. A maximum of three 300- and 400-level courses may be repeated for a grade exclusion. Course repeats for a grade exclusion not used for 100- and 200-level courses cannot be carried forward to 300- and 400-level courses.
- Repeating a course for a grade exclusion in which a C or B was earned will require approval from your academic advisor. Have your advisor email email@example.com with their approval prior to submitting your request.
- If a course is no longer offered by the university, the provision to repeat the course for a grade exclusion does not apply.