Reinstatement to Illinois Tech

All undergraduate students who were not in attendance for at least one semester must submit an application for reinstatement to the Office of Undergraduate Academic Affairs. The deadlines for the application are June 15 for the Fall semester, November 15 for the Spring semester or April 15 for the Summer term.

Any student who returns from a Leave of Absence, Withdrawal, or Suspension after more than one year (after three consecutive inactive semesters or longer, excluding summer) will be charged the newest tuition rate.

International Students

International students should begin the reinstatement process through Undergraduate Academic Affairs at least three months prior to the start of the term they wish to enroll. Please visit the Office of Global Services website for more information.

Domestic Students

All domestic students are encouraged to complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon as possible to be considered for the maximum amount of institutional and federal aid.

Financial Obligations

The application will not be reviewed until all financial obligations to the university have been satisfied.

Coursework at Other Universities

Students who have completed coursework at another college or university during their leave must have official transcripts sent to the Office of Undergraduate Academic Affairs for review. Return from leave will not be reviewed until all official transcripts have been submitted.

Academic Probation

Students who were on academic probation when they stopped attending or were placed on Academic Suspension will be reinstated on probation if approved. In these cases, students must submit a personal statement explaining what lead to them being place on probation/suspension, and a plan for future success. The application will be reviewed by the major department and an interview may be required. Students who wish to change their major must adhere to all university academic policies and procedures.

Medical Leave

Students who are returning from a medical leave will need to submit appropriate documentation from their health care provider with their application.

Current Illinois Tech Graduate Students

Students changing from degree-seeking graduate status to undergraduate full-time or part-time status must submit a reinstatement application.

Fill out your Application for Undergraduate Reinstatement here.