A 403(b) retirement plan is available for all benefits eligible faculty and staff who have reached age 21. Employees may participate on an unmatched basis immediately upon becoming benefits eligible. Contributions may be invested in TIAA-CREF and/or Fidelity Investments.
Employees may participate on a matched basis after two years of employment for staff and one year of employment for faculty. Once attaining match eligibility and confirming election via the Salary Reduction Agreement form, a base five-percent university contribution is supplemented by matching the employee's contribution of up to an additional four percent when the employee chooses to make such additional contribution. Prior employment with an educational institution of higher learning or certain research organizations may qualify the employee for immediate participation with the match.
Please note: that the match is not automatic. Employees must submit a Salary Reduction Agreement form indicating this election in order to receive this benefit.
- Policy Manual section
- (403(b) enrollment/change form. Use only for new match elections, split contributions, or if electing the IRS maximum.)
- (403(b) Plan Document)
- (403(b) Summary Plan Description)
- (403(b) Fee Disclosure, published May 13, 2022)
- website: www.tiaa.org
- Phone: 800.842.2776
- Prospectus Information
- www.tiaa.org (Submit to TIAA) Note: you can also set up beneficiaries online when you log in at
- website: @work
- Phone: 800.343.0860
- Enrollment Information
- Transfer/Rollover Form
- Fidelity Fund/ Prospectus Information
- Beneficiary Change Form (Submit to Fidelity)