Payments for student accounts can be made online or by mail. For security purposes, credit card payments are accepted exclusively through our online payment system.
We accept the following forms of payment for tuition:
*Last day for spring 2024 tuition payment is January 26, 2024.
A late fee equal to 2% of your outstanding balance will be assessed if payment is received after the published deadline.
AUTHORIZED USER LOGIN: https://secure.touchnet.com/C20090_tsa/web/login.jsp
IIT also has options for employer reimbursement and tuition remission for eligible IIT employees.
The Chicago Police Department Tuition Reimbursement Plan allows sworn officers who are employed by the Chicago Police Department the opportunity to defer the reimbursable portion of tuition until three weeks after grades are posted each semester.
Tuition is due in full immediately upon receipt of reimbursement from the CPD. Fees (such as UPass, activity, and student service fees), which are not covered by the CPD Tuition Reimbursement Program, will be due in full by the end of the published due date each semester.
To apply for the plan, sworn officers must complete the following steps prior to the published add/drop date each semester:
- Submit a letter from the CPD stating eligibility for tuition reimbursement. The letter can be mailed, faxed, or emailed to the Student Accounting Office. Letter requirements are as follows:
- Letter must be dated on letterhead.
- Letter must state the full terms of the tuition reimbursement including the percentage covered, maximums per year, and coverage (e.g., tuition only or tuition and fees).
- Payout of pocket balance.
The Chicago Police Department deferment is only for tuition. Fees, such as UPass, activity, student service, or health insurance, are not covered by the CPD Tuition Reimbursement Program.
All out-of-pocket payments are due in full by the end of the add/drop period each semester. Unpaid balances will be subject to late fees each month. The Employer Tuition Deferment Plan is a benefit to students, and IIT reserves the right to discontinue this plan at any time.
Financial aid awards including loans and scholarships will be applied directly to your student account and will reduce the total amount of tuition and fees owed in a given semester. This will reduce the total amount of tuition and fees enrolled in the Tuition Reimbursement Plan. You will receive a refund from any portion of your federal loans that exceed your total tuition and fee balance only.
Obtaining E-Bill to Submit to CPD for Reimbursement
Officers enrolled in the IIT Chicago Police Department Reimbursement Plan will receive a final bill that is suitable for submission to the CPD Human Resources Division. E-bills can be accessed through your myIIT portal Finances tab by following the Manage My Student Account link. Click the eBills tab to locate and print your bill.
Statement of Financial Responsibility
The below applies to each officer who participates in the program:
By applying for the Chicago Police Department Tuition Reimbursement Plan I recognize that my employer's tuition reimbursement program has qualifying conditions that must be met in order to be reimbursed. I understand that I must submit a dated letter from the Chicago Police Department each semester that states the terms of the tuition reimbursement program. Upon receipt of my tuition reimbursement check, I must immediately make payment in full to Illinois Institute of Technology for that semester. Should my company neglect to pay this bill for any reason, I will be personally responsible for this tuition and will be required to pay the bill in full. I also understand that any amount not covered by the terms of my company's tuition reimbursement policy is due in full by the published due date and is subject to fees and a hold preventing registration for the next term. If I fail to meet the above stated requirements to be eligible for IIT's CPD Tuition Reimbursement Plan by the deadline, my tuition will not be deferred and will be due by the published due date.
Tuition remission is a benefit available to eligible IIT employees. To determine eligibility, please confirm with Human Resources. The full HR policy related to processing tuition remission benefits can be found on the Work tab on the Human Resources portal page.
The Employer Tuition Deferment Plan allows students that are employed by a company that offers tuition reimbursement an opportunity to defer the reimbursable portion of their tuition until three weeks after grades are posted for the fall and spring semesters. All requirements for the plan must be met by the end of the add/drop period each semester. No exceptions will be made for requirements that are not met by the deadline each semester. Please direct all documents and inquiries related to the deferment plan to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You must turn in a letter from your employer stating your eligibility for tuition reimbursement from the company. The letter can be mailed or emailed to the Student Accounting Office. Letter requirements are as follows:
- Letter must be dated on letterhead
- Letter must state the full terms of the company tuition reimbursement, including the percentage covered, maximums per year, and coverage (e.g., tuition only or tuition and fees)
- Approximate timeframe in which your employer will make the payment for reimbursement (no later than three weeks after grades are posted)
- You must complete the Employer Tuition Deferment Plan Application. The application should be submitted electronically.
- A $55.00 non-refundable Employer Tuition Deferment Plan fee (payable by cash or check, or online to your student account) must be paid.
If you meet one or more of the following conditions you will be ineligible for the Employer Tuition Deferment Plan:
- Unpaid/defaulted Employer Tuition Deferment Plan from a previous semester
- One or more requirements listed above was not completed/received by the end of the add/drop period
- You're already receiving financial aid awards that pay your account balance in full
- The eligible amount of deferred tuition is based on the employer reimbursement eligibility and any combination of financial aid awards received.
- You cannot defer your tuition and expect to receive a refund for aid disbursed to your account as the total amount of financial aid disbursed, and deferred tuition cannot exceed the total amount of tuition and fees assessed for the semester in which deferment is applied.
Out-of-pocket payments are due in full by the end of the add/drop period each semester. Unpaid balances will be subject to late fees each month. The Employer Tuition Deferment Plan is a benefit to students, and IIT reserves the right to discontinue this plan at any time.
Statement of Financial Responsibility
The following applies to students participating in this program:
By applying for IIT's Tuition Employer Tuition Deferment Plan students recognize that their employer's tuition reimbursement plan has qualifying conditions that they must meet in order to be reimbursed. Should your company refuse to pay this bill within the usual timeframe for tuition deferment, you the student will be personally responsible for this tuition and will be required to pay the bill in full. Students should also understand that a deferred payment fee of $55.00 will be due at the time of application, and it is non-refundable. If the tuition due under this agreement is not paid within three weeks following posted grades, the student authorizes their employer to withhold the amount due from their pay and to pay that amount to the Illinois Institute of Technology.
Students must understand that any amount not covered by the terms of their company’s tuition reimbursement policy is due in full by the end of the add/drop period and is subject to fees and a hold preventing registration for the next term. If a student fails to meet the requirements to be eligible for IIT’s Employer Tuition Deferment Plan by the deadline, their tuition will not be deferred and will be due.