Office of the Registrar

Leave of Absence or Withdrawal from the University

Undergraduate students should refer to the Office of Undergraduate Academic Affairs’s Withdrawal or Leave of Absence page for instructions.

Graduate students wishing to request a leave of absence from their course of study or complete an official withdrawal from the university should initiate the process online. To begin the process, log into the myIIT portal and look for the "Graduate Academic Affairs" channel under the “Academics” tab. Questions regarding the leave of absence or withdrawal process should be directed to the Office of Graduate Academic Affairs at or 312.567.3024.