Office of the Registrar

Course Repeat Policy

Undergraduate Students

Undergraduate students may request to repeat a course for a change of grade during registration. Undergraduate students should refer to the Office of Undergraduate Academic Affairs's Course Repeat for a Change of Grade page for the course repeat policy and form.

Graduate Students

Graduate students may repeat up to two distinct courses, with each course being repeated once. Both grades will be recorded and the grade used in the calculation of the grade-point average will be the latest recorded. Re-registration to repeat a course may require the permission of the student's advisor, academic unit head, and the associate dean for the Graduate College, and will also require completion of the Graduate Course Repeat Request Form. This form must be submitted at the time of registration. The original course grade earned will remain on the student's academic transcript and the last grade issued for the course will be used to compute the cumulative GPA and the program of study GPA.