Career Services is dedicated to assisting Illinois Tech alumni in a variety of ways, from job search assistance to finding talented prospective employees for your organization. We know how important the alumni network is to career development and career success for members of the Illinois Tech alumni community, and we do everything we can to support it.
We are looking for alumni volunteers to help assist as we adjust to our new temporary reality of virtual services! Please fill out our Virtual Professional Development Assistance form if you are interested in supporting current Illinois Tech students. Learn more about opportunities to assist on the Hire the Best page.
Attend an upcoming career fair as an alumni job-seeker.
Hire the Best
If you are an Illinois Tech alumni looking for talented new employees for your organization, Career Services is your conduit to students seeking internships and jobs. Illinois Tech students—and your fellow alumni—are technology-driven, creative, and smart.
Join The Bridge
The Bridge is a digital community of alumni, students, and faculty who can connect about topics and areas of interest. The Bridge features communities where alumni can meet other alumni of common interests. By joining The Bridge, you connect with other alumni who share your passion and are willing to speak with you about your career. This resource is FREE and unlimited for all alumni.
Enhance Your Career
Regardless of the stage of your career, Career Services can advise you in career transitions, job search strategies, networking and referrals, negotiating tips, résumé and cover letter critiquing, mock interviews, and more. This resource is FREE and unlimited for all alumni.
Help a Student
Whether you are a mentor or an employer, you can play a key role in inspiring and guiding today’s students by:
- Participating in a “tech talk” with student organizations
- Serving on a career panel
- Serving on the Career Services Alumni Advisory Board
- Mentoring a student
- Providing résumé critiques
- Overseeing mock interviews
- Participating in speed networking
- Hosting a career workshop
- Taking part in a virtual networking event
Other options include:
- Sponsoring an Interprofessional Projects (IPRO) Program course
- Participating in an Introduction to the Profession course
- Serving on a college or school departmental board, committee, advisory board, or board of overseers
- Serving as adjunct faculty or an academic department guest lecturer
For more information on how you can help a student, contact us at email@example.com.