Updated Travel Policy in Response to Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Effective immediately and until further notice, all university-sponsored air and train travel is suspended. This includes class activities, athletic endeavors, and conference attendance, and includes travel supported by university funds and grant funds. For those who have booked upcoming university-sponsored travel and need to cancel your plans, please follow the below guidance. The below guidance applies to all expenses incurred for travel including but not limited to air and train tickets, hotel reservations, and rental car reservations.
If you purchased travel on your University P-Card
If you are able to cancel your travel plans and receive a refund, please do so and receive the refund back to your p-card.
If you are unable to cancel your travel outright and can only receive a voucher or credit for future travel, please include the voucher in your pcard receipt upload. The voucher must be used for future university-sponsored travel, and you should be prepared to document how the voucher was used once travel resumes. If you intend to use the voucher for personal travel, you must reimburse the University for all costs incurred for the flight.
Some funding agencies including NIH have issued temporary guidance indicating that cancellation fees can be charged to grants. However, if your travel fees have been converted to a credit or voucher that will be used for another purpose, you may not charge that travel to federal grants. Certain other funding sources may also restrict this kind of charge. If you booked travel charged to a federal grant, please contact the RAS team to arrange for rellocation of the costs.
If you purchased travel on your personal credit card and are requesting reimbursement
The University will reimburse you for any cancellation fees or change fees incurred as a result of the suspension of university-sponsored air and train travel. Please submit receipts through the normal travel and expense reimbursement process.
If you received a credit or voucher for future travel and plan to use that voucher for future university-sponsored travel, you must submit the voucher along with your reimbursement request. The voucher must be used for future university-sponsored travel, and you should be prepared to document how the voucher was used once travel resumes. If you intend to use the voucher for personal travel, you may not submit the expense for reimbursement.
If you purchased through Foremost Travel
Contact Dan Lindell at email@example.com with your name and travel date, and Foremost Travel will take care of the cancellation on your behalf. If a cancellation is not possible, Foremost Travel will retain the credit on your account which you can use for future University travel.
Don't Miss!! Illinois Tech Preferred Suppliers Vendor Show on Sept. 12th!
We are so excited to invite you to our very first Illinois Tech University Preferred Suppliers Vendor Show which will be taking place on Thursday, September 12th, 2019, from 10am to 2pm CT
Procurement Services has worked with each of these Preferred Suppliers, either through competitive bidding, contract negotiation, or leveraging existing group purchasing consortium agreements, to establish advantageous pricing and discounts, high level of customer services, and streamlined ordering and payment processes to bring you the best value!
The event will be taking place in the Hermann Hall Gallery and everyone is invited to drop by to:
- Meet representatives from our University Preferred Supplies, including CDW-G, Warehouse Direct, Fisher, VWR, Grainger, UPS, preferred hotel partners, and many more!
- Receive free samples and fun favors!
- Get to know the wide-range of manufacturers and products these vendors carry, including IT products, office supplies, scientific supplies and equipment, maintenance, repair, and operation products, shipping services, shredding services, etc.
- Ask questions and learn about how these University Preferred Suppliers will benefit your department!
Add this event to your calendar here!
We look forward to seeing everyone at our first ever Illinois Tech University Preferred Suppliers Vendor Show! Please reach out to Mike Wheaton or Snow Rutkowske should you have any questions.
Buy It eMarketplace Now Live for All Illinois Tech!!
We are thrilled to announce that as of Monday, July 15, 2019, the entire university is live with Buy It eMarkeplace!
Please remember the following procure-to-pay related processes should now all go through Buy It eMarketplace, including:
- New Supplier Request - adding new vendors to Buy It
- Obtaining Quotes from Buy It vendors
- All requisitions (Standard Orders) - please remember the >$500 rule for requisitions no longer applies
- All vendor related check requests / invoice payment (Retrofit Orders) - AP now will only process student reimbursement related paper check requests
- Blanket Purchase Orders (fund encumbrance) - great with recurring invoices with the same vendor, or multiple invoices for the same PO
- Wire Transfer Request - must indicate wire transfer in Buy It requisition and attach / upload the Wire Transfer Request form
- Shopping Amazon Business - must go through Buy It to shop Amazon Business going forward
While Banner Requisition is officially shutting down on September 1, 2019, we have already started to retire all applicable manual and non-Buy It related processes to enable a faster transition to the new system.
If you have any Buy It related questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to Snow Rutkowske and Malcolm Brown, our Procurement Systems Administrator.
We also encourage you to attend Buy It Office Hours for any real life requisitions assistance or if you just need a refresher. Buy It Office Hours take place every Wednesday afternoon and Friday morning on the 13th floor of IIT Tower, and you can add the remaining July Office Hour sessions to your calendar below:
- Wednesday, 7.24: 1pm - 3pm CT, 13C3-3
- Friday, 7.26: 10am - 12 noon CT, 13E4-1
- Wednesday, 7.31: 1pm - 3pm CT, 13C3-3
We thank you for your support of the new eProcurement system, and remember, if you need something.
Procurement Services Office Move Notice
Please be advised that the Procurement Services office (Purchasing, P-Card, Accounts Payable) will be in the process of moving from Thursday, 5.16 through Monday, 5.20. We apologize for any slower than usual or disrupted services during this moving period.
Starting Monday, 5.20.2019, our office's new physical address will be:
10 W. 35th Street
13th Floor, 13C4-3
Chicago, IL 60616
VISA SPEND MGMT. APP. - THE LITTLE APP. THAT COULD!: March 14, 2019
No more keeping and organizing paper receipts! Download the Visa Spend Mgmt. App. and use it for quick and easy receipt capture and linking using your smartphone for your P-Card transactions no matter where you are!
Please review the Visa Spend Mgmt. App. How To Guide and start to make your P-Card receipt capture and linking process more effortless!
Jan./Feb. 2019 Campus Procurement Forum Presentation: February 11, 2019
Thank you for joining us for the Jan./Feb. 2019 sessions of the Campus Procurement Forum held both on the Mies Campus and Down Town Campus. Please see the linked below the presentation materials for the Jan./Feb. 2019 and the Oct. 2018 forums for your reference.
Jan./Feb. 2019 Campus Procurement Forum Presentation
Key topics include:
- Easy receipt captures with Visa IntelliLink Spend Management Mobile Phone App.
- New Procurement Policies and Forms effective January 1, 2019
- The correct and policy-compliant Procure-to-Pay process at Illinois Tech
- eProcurement update and other exciting Procurement related news
Oct. 2018 Campus Procurement Forum Presentation
Key topics include:
- Procurement Transformation and Modernization Initiative
- New Procurement Services Mission
- eProcurement update and other Procurement related news