A warm welcome from Illinois Institute of Technology’s International Center. The International Center provides professional support, services, and resources to the Illinois Tech community in matters related to international education and cultural exchange by supporting international students, faculty, and staff and students studying abroad, as well as assisting in the compliance of immigration and other related regulations.
- Individual and group orientations to the university and community resources
- Assistance with United States Department of Homeland Security and U.S. Department of State document preparation for employment, program extensions, reinstatements, and change of status
- Preparation of enrollment verification for social security application and U.S. and foreign governmental agencies, as well as tuition expense letters
- Workshops for university faculty, staff, and students on various issues affecting international students and scholars, including:
- Immigration basics
- Cross-cultural activities and programs that promote intercultural perspectives and address adjustment issues, including:
- English Conversation Partner Program
- International Festival
- Thanksgiving holiday program
- Shopping excursions
- Tours of Chicago
- Study abroad advising for students interested in studying in another country
Learn more about Illinois Tech’s Office of International Affairs on its website.